Community Group Questions | Galatians 3:23-4:7
Read Galatians 3:23-4:7
The Point of the Sermon: Are you a slave of the house or a son of the Father?
Paul compares those who live under the law as slaves while those who live under grace as sons and daughters, able to cry out to the Father as a dependent child cries to his parent.
Community Group Questions:
- Paul argues in Galatians 3:23-4:7 that identity Christians have an identity as sons and daughters of God through Jesus Christ. What intrigues you about the concept that you are a son of the Father through your union with Christ?
- What are other identities that compete with your identity as a child of God? (Consider these diagnostic questions: How you view of success? What do you fear? How do you deal with failures? What types of friends you desire to keep near you?)
- How has God been affirming your sonship in your life? Has His grace penetrated into your heart so that you believe the good news that He sees you as His Son? Are you living obediently to God to see it?
- Your earthly father marks your face but your heavenly Father marks your heart. What is your view of God as “Father.” How do you project your own experience with your earthly father onto God? In what ways does this impact your belief that your prayer life with your Heavenly Father?
- If you were completely accepted by God (and, if you are a Christian, you in fact are!), how would it change your life? What do sons and daughters of the Father do that you are not doing? What do sons and daughters of the Father not do that you are doing?
More in Blog
April 22, 2018Community Group Questions | Jude 8-10, Don't Trust Me | April 22, 2018
April 18, 2018Community Group Questions | Jude: The Challenges to Faith | Apr 15, 2018
April 17, 2018Community Group Questions | Community: Working Through Forgiveness | Mar 11, 2018